Solon Vlasto CFP®
Senior Financial Advisor
I’m Solon and I believe in developing trusting relationships, both with clients and other professional partners, ensuring you are in competent hands.
When I work with you, I …
- Sincerely care and think about you in terms of what I would want for myself and my family.
- Listen in order to completely understand your situation, spend a great deal of energy determining how best I can help you, and then partner with you in making valuable financial decisions.
- Am approachable, non-judgmental and authentic—I will be very direct when you want or need me to be.
- Make it a point to be wholly reliable, extremely responsive, and never leave you wondering.
- Take complicated concepts and make them clear while taking full responsibility for your experience and outcomes.
- Constantly review new techniques and financial planning ideas to continually provide the right, and best solutions.
- Am always on the lookout for issues or concerns you haven’t considered.
Areas of Expertise
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Divorce Financial Analysis
- College Planning
- Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Financial Planning Association
- Junior Achievement of Greater Washington
- Our Daily Bread, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Smithsonian Institution
- Wall Street Journal
My interest in finance was ignited in high school when my Junior Achievement group created a flashlight company and began to sell stock. After a brief flirtation with becoming a commercial pilot following college, I soon started a financial career at Chatfield Dean, a full service brokerage firm. More than two decades later I still enjoy designing and managing financial plans for families, executives and businesses.
I strive to build a personal relationship with each of my clients–getting to know your unique interests, goals and values while helping navigate difficult decisions and providing clarity around complex topics. I advise on a wide range of integrated wealth management matters, including retirement planning, income tax planning, estate planning, divorce transitions and various other multifaceted financial issues.
Committed to lending a helping hand wherever I can, I enthusiastically serve on the Board of Directors for the Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area as co-chair of their Pro Bono Committee. Long involved with many pro bono financial planning efforts and meaningful local causes, I’ve found sharing my time and talents provides a purposeful life.
Having relocated to the Washington DC area in the mid-90s, I like to think I’ve shed my NYC roots and am now a true northern Virginian. I spend a lot of time working for my church as Treasurer and behind the scenes during worship and with their community theater. But the greatest joy is always with my wife and three kids – having fun outdoors or relaxing with a crossword puzzle.