Timothy S. Koehl
Timothy S. Koehl, AAMS®, CFP®
My name is Tim and I believe in fully supporting the causes, issues and challenges that are important to your financial well-being.
When I work with you, I …
- Listen to your needs with sincerity and a desire to understand.
- Continue to confirm what is important to you throughout our ongoing relationship.
- Commit to being responsive and reassure you we are here whenever you need us.
- Consider it an honor to be an integral part of your planning process and strive to find better ways to meet your needs.
- Share concepts in a manner that is clear and makes sense to you.
- Follow up with you regularly to discover what’s changed and identify new or shifting priorities.
Areas of Expertise
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Wealth Management
- Asset Allocation
- College Savings Plans
- Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM
- CERTIFED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning Georgetown University
- Series 66 Securities License
- Miami University, Bachelor of Arts, Geography
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Author, Political Geography: The Inscription of Difference
- US News & World Report
- Washington Business Journal
- Having worked in the financial services industry for over 20 years, I literally grew up immersed in the business. My father became a financial advisor shortly after the stock market crash of 1987and both of my brothers also work in financial services. The positive impact Dad had on his clients’ lives inspired me. He taught me that when putting clients first, focusing on their goals and aspirations, I too could help people achieve their dreams.
- While applying a disciplined approach to investing and personal finances I develop a uniquely customized approach for each client’s planning needs, objectives and goals. The entire process revolves around you. Only after fully understanding your situation will I begin charting a course to help ensure long-term financial security.
- When not in the office, I keep busy with my family. I’m also on board for just about anything that will take me outdoors including camping, fishing, biking and kayaking.