Solon Vlasto CFP®, CDFA™
Senior Financial Advisor
I’m Solon and I believe in developing trusting relationships, both with clients and other professional partners, ensuring you are in competent hands.
When I work with you, I …
- Sincerely care and think about you in terms of what I would want for myself and my family.
- Listen in order to completely understand your situation, spend a great deal of energy determining how best I can help you, and then partner with you in making valuable financial decisions.
- Am approachable, non-judgmental and authentic—I will be very direct when you want or need me to be.
- Make it a point to be wholly reliable, extremely responsive, and never leave you wondering.
- Take complicated concepts and make them clear while taking full responsibility for your experience and outcomes.
- Constantly review new techniques and financial planning ideas to continually provide the right, and best solutions.
- Am always on the lookout for issues or concerns you haven’t considered.
Areas of Expertise
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Divorce Financial Analysis
- College Planning
- Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM
- CERTIFED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®)
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Financial Planning Association
- Junior Achievement of Greater Washington
- Our Daily Bread, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Smithsonian Institution
Wall Street Journal
My interest in finance was ignited in high school when my Junior Achievement group created a flashlight company and began to sell stock. After a brief flirtation with becoming a commercial pilot following college, I soon started a financial career at Chatfield Dean, a full service brokerage firm. More than two decades later I still enjoy designing and managing financial plans for families, executives and businesses.
I strive to build a personal relationship with each of my clients–getting to know your unique interests, goals and values while helping navigate difficult decisions and providing clarity around complex topics. I advise on a wide range of integrated wealth management matters, including retirement planning, income tax planning, estate planning, divorce transitions and various other multifaceted financial issues.
Committed to lending a helping hand wherever I can, I enthusiastically serve on the Board of Directors for the Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area as co-chair of their Pro Bono Committee. Long involved with many pro bono financial planning efforts and meaningful local causes, I’ve found sharing my time and talents provides a purposeful life.